R & J Homestead Craftbarn
Located adjacent to the Log Cabin Restaurant. One of Atlantic Canada’s Largest gift and souvenir shops, with 5000 square feet, and two floors to browse at your leisure.
The building is approx. 150-200 years old, originally used as a hay barn.
We offer two floors of gifts and treasures. Some displays are filled with old things found in the out buildings or brought in by friends and family. Some farm machinery as well as a full size sleigh, the out of reach shelves have old bottles and cans a wooden carved decoy duck, more recent fire truck, all just for your viewing pleasure.
Our gift ware line goes from rubber lobsters to locally hand crafted quilts.
We offer a good selection of books for readers of all kinds, a nice selection of children’s books as well. Local crafts as well as Bone China from England. A wide variety of Purple Violet pieces (our provincial flower).
Sweaters, hats, mittens and socks hand made in Newfoundland. In 2004 The Canadian Mint made a Hopewell Rocks Coin– Part of “ The Natural Wonders” series-Very Collectable and a very low number of coins still available. We have this coin on display and for sale at our gift shop. It is a very beautiful souvenir for yourself as well as a gift for someone special.
All types of boats from locally handcrafted Bluenose to small Christmas ornaments for your tree. A good line of quality candies, cookies and teas. As well as New Brunswick Jams and Maple products.
A large area in our shop is dedicated to Rocks and Minerals . We have an awesome variety for you from rocks in the natural rough to fine gemstone jewellery pieces. We have some very nice Amber as well as Canadian Jade, Glacier Pearle, Mother of Pearle, Jewellery made from Sea Glass and Magnetic jewellery try for your aches and pains.
We have Moose and Bear carvings in Wood and Canadian Jade–very very nice pieces.
We are an authorized Bradford Exchange Dealer with a very extensive line of their products. WOW
Rocks T-shirts starting @ $7.98 (adult) some very funny T-shirts as well as Fleece jackets and sweaters, very good prices. Jackets, rain jackets and a large selection of men’s hats.
Stuffed animals are a must for the grandmothers and the children.
We also carry a large selection of seashells and coral . Some not native to our area although very nice and hard to find pieces with great prices.
And last but not least souvenir gifts of all kinds from the Rocks – New Brunswick and Canada.
For tide times and schedules just ask staff at any of our buildings.
What more can I say, if you have visited us before we look forward to seeing you again if this will be your first visit we look forward to meeting you and your family our staff are ready to serve you and we look to your arrival.
- Be sure to visit “Old Blue”. We believe he is the largest and oldest Blue Heron in the world! Be sure to take a picture with Old Blue, and show all your friends and family. (Please don’t feed the animals)
- Hopewell Cape was home to New Brunswick’s only Prime Minister, Richard B Bennett. He served as Prime minister of Canada from 1930 to 1935. His full story can be found in the Hopewell Cape Museum.
- The Hopewell Cape Museum, a museum in a jail. Be sure to visit and learn more about the history of our area, the ship building in Hopewell Cape as well as up and down both sides of the Bay. Visit the courthouse and learn about the “Rectory Murder” Then pay a visit to John Collins jail cell!
- Our weather in the area is: Summer Average 25 Celsius (80F); Winter Average: 3.9 Celsius (25 F)
- During a two day visit to our area in June 1996, Premier Frank McKenna and New Brunswick’s Cabinet Ministers enjoyed an overnight stay at The Hopewell Rocks Motel & Country Inn where a formal Cabinet Session was held in the dining room of the Log Cabin Restaurant. Premier Frank McKenna and his Ministers were invited to visit the area and learn more about the Hopewell Rocks and the Fundy Trails.
HOPEWELL ROCKS MOTEL
& COUNTRY INN
Tel: (506) 734-2975
Toll Free: 1-888-759-7070
4135 Route 114 Hopewell Cape NB E4H 3J4